Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Work..."I think I will go home, Im a bit bored."


And so it begins! Or is it ending? I find myself staring at walls a lot lately wondering how long it will be before they start to crumble around me. Some people might have their own opinions of my dramatic expression, however, it could not be any closer to the truth.

I graduated from college with the anticipation of being the worlds next Oprah. The trouble with such high aspirations is the brutal reality that I would have been better off following in the footsteps of Gary Busey. I'm not an alcoholic or a drug user and my teeth dont exactly resemble that of a clydsedale, but I just think that might have been a much better start.

After college one would hope that the fortune 500 companies would build an extra wing just for you if thats what it took to get you to wear one of their company shirts. Unfortunately and shockingly, about 1 million other students just graduated also. Leaving me with the notion that until I invent the next snuggie, I might actually have to find a regular job where no one respects the fact that I got an "A" on my English paper or that I made friends with the night janitor at the library because of my late night study sessions!

So thats what I did, I got a real job working as a legal assistant at a law firm. I had a lovely view of the top level of the parking garage and I could almost see the highway. It's the little things at really make Mondays enjoyable, ya know? Anyway,have any of you ever met a person that had the ability to make even the Virgin Mary want to throw them off the top floor of that parking garage? Well that was my boss. Who would have thought that my first real job would teach me the lesson of a lifetime...WORKING SUCKS!

No test, teacher, seminar, or pamphlet could have prepared me for a world full of people that completely disagreed with me on what I thought was a fair paycheck. Apparently my negotiation skills were and are still lacking. I have yet to find a job that suits the lifstyle I feel I have earned and modeling agencies still think that 5'2" is not tall enough! "For God's sake", I told them, "we have a black president...things have changed!"

I sit here now pondering my next move. Do I move my king? Is my last chance to show the world that I have no idea how to play chess but I'm really good at making analogies. All I know is that I have bills to pay and recycling my diploma will only get me about 2 cents.

Please send all donations for the EDNA Foundation directly to me! The sheer genius of Embezzleing Donations Needs Applause!

2 comments: